Vision & Purpose
Hampton Street Traders Association is a not for profit organisation run by and for traders for the purpose of promoting and marketing Hampton Street.
Hampton Street has a long and proud history dating back over 100 yrs. So, our strategy is not to do away with the history, but to embrace and adapt it to current needs and opportunities, to create new amenity and added vibrancy. As the evolution of Hampton Street has brought with it a renewed sense of pride and vigour, HSTA aims to engage the local community and the vision of Hampton Street from its traders. Our modern street environment and united vision are the key drivers for the next chapters of Hampton Street.
The Purposes of the Association
– To promote Hampton Street as a current and relevant brand.
– To market Hampton Street as a destination strip outside of its catchment area.
– To recognise and embrace current marketing and promotion methods.
– To promote the brand through traditional means, such as print media, word of mouth, events.
– To collectively add value to the Hampton Street strip
– To recognise the organic value of the Hampton Street brand including that beyond marketing control.
– To compete with other iconic Melbourne shopping strips.
– To promote the diversity and eclectic nature of Hampton Street.
– To promote individual privately owned businesses.
– Offer the members value, including resources, tools, benefits, services and deals.
– Identify the street brands that do not correctly represent the purposes above and govern Membership of the Association appropriately.
– To service the Association area as defined by Boundaries and Districts (view map)